Unique expertise and multiple skills
Over 70 years ago, our group was established thanks to a man's creativity and knowledge, Mr. Roland DEDIENNE. The Group has developed and has known how to pass on to the following generations its entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, technical nature and corporate culture. Our culture is based on the quality of our companions, collaborators and our services and this is what makes us a unique and lasting group in our field of plastics industry.
Quality is for our customers the guarantor of the respect for their needs and for each unit of the group, that of a constantly renewed requirement. The loyalty of our customers, reflecting our ability to satisfy them in the long-term, is the first guarantee of our group's performance.
Together with the management team, we are committed to implement the means and the internal communication allowing everyone to better understand the environment of the company and what they are playing for as well as the importance of his own role and involvement.
By this Declaration, I personally engage in the process of improvement and progress for our Group and give full authority to the Head of Group Quality to ensure the implementation and maintenance of Group Good Practice.
Declaration by Pierre-Jean LEDUC, President of DEMGY
Our quality policy: Being the most reliable and innovative partner
In 2008, we decided to make our quality systems more explicit by organising our approach to progress and continuous improvement, within the framework of a real group project, called "ISO corporate".
In 2010, we made it progress into an integrated management system (SMI) by formally integrating security and environment into our Organization.
Our quality policy is a search for excellence, safety and accountability for both our clients and collaborators of our company, external service providers and civil society.
The management based on the Group’s strategy, customer requirements, applicable regulations and reference standards establishes this policy. All employees of the group must observe it.
Thus, by giving a high level of responsibility to every single person, it aims to ensure that the guarantor of the QSE approach and performance of our factories must be our corporate culture rather than its structures.
Our SMI is based on 3 pillars:
- A set of processes defined by process mapping that reflects the practice at the "T" moment,
- Progress plans to allow the different components of the group to converge towards coherence in the QSE approach,
- Objectives and indicators to periodically measure our compliance, efficacy and efficiency.
This quality approach is not a goal but a step to a common, constructive, simple and positive dynamic of progress. In the extremely competitive world in which we are evolving, the issue at stake is our Company credibility and survival.
Our environment policy: reducing our impact
Our group, conscious of its responsibility towards society and future generations, is committed to its highest level in an active environmental protection policy guiding all entities activities.
As such, we are committed to:
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations,
- Implement and promote a process of continuous improvement and prevention of the risks of pollution,
- Communicate to all our employees the performance achieved.
We are therefore committed to implementing the human, organisational and technical means in order to:
- Control our atmospheric emissions and liquid discharges,
- Control our energy consumption,
- Limiting waste production and optimizing its management to minimize its environmental impact,
- Limiting the use of natural resources, including water,
- Prevent the risk of fire and pollution associated with our activities.
Periodically, our objectives and environmental targets are reviewed through our SMI-QSE, which is part of our continuous improvement process. Our goals will be achieved by increasing everyone’s awareness on the consequences of our actions and by everybody’s personal commitment, within the framework of our policy.
In 2021, our company was awarded the first European label which promotes the action of plastics processors for the circular economy and the integration of recycled plastic materials in production.
The MORE label (MObilized to REcycle) provides real recognition of our commitment as an industrial company and demonstrates our progress in promoting more sustainable consumption, with products that include more and more recycled plastics.
Our Health & Safety Policy: Preventing and Safeguarding Employee Health
Our commitment to the health and safety of our employees is one of our priorities. Thus, in the face of the risks related to our activities, our group is committed to putting in place action plans to prevent work-related accidents.
Our policy is to provide a safe and healthy environment to our employees and partners. We therefore commit to:
- Respect applicable regulations,
- Improve work conditions, well-being, and prevent occupational diseases and work accidents at work,
- Develop measures to eliminate, preferably at source, the risks and dangers present in the work environment, and communicate this Health / Safety policy,
- Set up training for the management of occupational risks.
- Implement a sustainable approach to reduce hardship at work.
- Our companions, on the other hand, actively participate in the achievement of health and safety objectives by:
- Cooperating with management and all their co-workers to maintain a healthy and safe work environment,
- Complying with procedures and safety instructions issued by the entities,
- Reporting all risks and dangers identified in the workplace.
We believe that everyone’s cooperation and collaboration of all are essential values to make our entities a workplace where each person can evolve and work safely.
Our commitment to ethics
Our group undertakes to refuse that its collaborators, customers and suppliers try to obtain favours or special treatment in exchange of advantages, and to refuse that its collaborators accept nor request any gift, nor any other advantage likely to influence their objectivity in the performance of their duties.
Code of conduct
All employees of the group must accept responsibility to their obligation to incumbent on them to respect the ethical charter code, especially they must:
- Carry out their tasks with, professionalism, honesty, enthusiasm,
- Treat their colleagues with courtesy,
- Avoid any waste or misuse of resources; report to management any waste, fraud, abuse to leaders,
- Have a behaviour that gives a positive image of the group and its staff ,
- Protect the group from any threat to information security (equipment, data and computer software),
- Do not make commitments or make promises that are contrary to the rules of operation,
- Do not disclose or use any confidential information they are aware of in order to benefit themselves or others,
- Respect all legal texts, laws, regulations, decisions and directives related to the performance of their tasks, and avoid any contrary action towards them.
Alert launch policy
When employees of the group believe that they are asked by a superior or a colleague to act illegally, abusively, unethically or in violation of the ethical code, it is their responsibility to report directly to the direction. Employees will benefit from the necessary discretion and management will take the necessary measures to investigate thoroughly, especially when executives are involved. Any attitude incompatible with this code will be unacceptable and treated, as it should be.
It may eventually result in disciplinary action in accordance with the rules of procedure. Because ethics is everyone's business, I am personally committed to implement this code on behalf of all employees of the group.